Go straight to the content
Hero-Kasvu ja rekrytointi-Luvat


Depending on your business, you may need permits for your operations. Some of the necessary permits are granted by the city and some by other authorities.

Permits granted by the City of Jyväskylä

You can apply for the following permits from the City of Jyväskylä, for example:

  • siting permits
  • street works permits
  • construction permits
  • event permits
  • signage and advertisement placement permits for the street area
  • permits related to the placement of a café and outdoor alcohol service terrace in the street area
  • markets and places of sale
  • environmental health permits
  • environmental permits.

You can read more about the permits granted and notification procedures managed by the City of Jyväskylä on its website.

For some matters related to business operations, it is not necessary to apply for a permit and a notification procedure is sufficient. A temporary measure or event causing noise or vibration must be reported in writing to the Building and Environment Committee, for example.

Construction supervision and Business Development Service's advance guidance for companies

It is recommended to participate in the advance guidance related to the application for a building permit for companies at an early stage of the construction project, e.g. during the plot reservation period or before the more detailed planning of the project.

In advance guidance, construction plans, planning regulations and the plans and documents required as an attachment to the permit application are initially reviewed.

You can book an appointment for construction supervision and Business Development Service's advance guidance by email kaupunkirakenne@jyvaskyla.fi or by calling +358 14 569 6000.


Permits issued by other authorities may include:

  • Permits related to the manufacture, sale and import of alcohol; the sale of tobacco; and private health and social services are granted by Valvira. Read more on Valvira’s website.
  • The ELY Centres are responsible for business, transport and environmental permits. Read more on the website of the Central Finland ELY Centre.
  • Permits related to aviation, shipping and rail and road traffic are issued by the Finnish Transport Safety Agency (Trafi). Read more on Trafi’s website.
  • Some of the permits related to environmental safety and waterways, alcohol serving permits, exceptional opening hours and permits related to animal protection are the responsibility of the Regional State Administrative Agency (AVI). Read more on AVI’s website.
  • The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is responsible for derogations and notifications concerning the commissioning of work restricted by law. Read more on the website of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
  • The police are responsible for permits related to gathering and fundraising activities, fireworks and explosions. Read more on the Police’s online service.
  • Fimea is responsible for marketing authorisations for medicinal products, export certificates for medicinal products and pharmacy licences, among other things. Read more on Fimea’s website.
  • Electrical qualification certificates; telecommunications, security and fitness examiner qualifications; and certifications are granted by SETI Oy. Read more on SETI Oy’s website
See also the Permits and Obligations section of the Suomi.fi web service.

Contact us!

Submit your contact information and we’ll get in touch with you shortly.


Urban structure advice

Business licensing

Anne Heikkinen
Service Manager
p. 014 569 5022

Urban Structure Advice
p. 014 569 5000